Sunday, June 22, 2008

Vittles'n Such

Okay, people. Pay attention here. We need to get a grocery list finalized.


So far, Friday is going to be hamburgers on the grill ready as you come in from near and far.


Saturday morning breakfast? NOT A CLUE. Y'all need to chime in with preferences.


Saturday lunch: Bratwurst and fixin's with kabobs of shrimp or beef with veggies...Caesar salad, and fresh fruit for dessert.

Saturday dinner: Running Behind and Walrilla's Chili and the tamales I'm bringing and left overs from lunch. For dessert: Some'mores, or fresh fruit.

Beverages...well y'all discussed that in the post beneath this one.

So WHAT do y'all want for breakfast??

I'll chime in first and say that I'll eat anything, especially a breakfast casserole..lol.

8 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

I'm easy. I can eat just about anything too, but you can never go wrong with scrambled eggs and ????

Holder said...

breakfast casserole sounds good, I even know how tpo make that one....

Holder said...

oops, I mean how to make that one. Too early in the morning

Erica said...

Do youse do biscuits and gravy in Texas? Or is that just an East Coast Southern thing? I loooove biscuits and gravy...oh, and grits...mama mia....that is the best stuff in the universe.

Nancy said...

Humm I think I can make the grits, but I've never cracked the code for making good biscuits from scratch and gravy of all kinds except giblet is also a no go.

Really good biscuits takes practice. I do, however know where I can get some....

Anyone want to volunteer for the gravy. We gotta get this Brooklyn-livin', Country Music lov'n, smurf-kiss'n gal some gravy!!

Anonymous said...

Would love to get my beanless chile on Friday night (did Nancy say she was making some?). I'm good with fruit and bagel Saturday morning. Hogies for lunch. Fire up the grill Saturday night: chicken k-bobs, brats, burgers. I'll help prepare and cook food, and clean afterwards. I'm cool like that.

SuperGurl said...

MAJOR SUBSTITUTION

friday night i'm getting a beef brisket so it's going to be more of a texas bbq than a straight burgers & dogs affair.

i'm planning on something similar to last year friday night. paul, this means chile stays with tamales and kbobs on sat night. plus, the boys making it will be doing airport runs when we are getting dinner ready for the drunken onslaught at 5ish...

i don't eat breakfast, so i'll be in the bar/denny's cripple cove making bloody mary's. if ya'll don't tell me what and how much to buy, you are on your own for food or forced to share my liquid breakfast.. your choice.

Anonymous said...

I usually just do coffee and a banana for breakfast.