Thursday, June 26, 2008

Biscuits and Gravy

Okay y'all. Because I don't want Erica to have missed Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast (and 'Pup really likes them too), I'm bringing stuff to cook some for her. I'll also be making grits. Maybe. The biscuits, alas, will have to be canned, as I've just not made biscuits enough to be really good at it.

(It really is something to have to do a lot of before you get really good a it--a lot of a good biscuit is technique and I'm half convinced a little magic doesn't hurt.)

Friday: Texas Style barbecue, briskit and fixin's

Saturday morning breakfast...? Other than the stuff I'm making, I've no idea. I think a selection of fruit, and I'm sure coffee will be available, but what else exactly? This is your last chance to make a special request, ya'll. Think hard.

Saturday lunch: sandwiches and left overs from Friday...if there are any...lol. I've tasted Supergurl's brisket. There may not be that much left!

Saturday dinner: Wallrilla and Running Behind will make Chili. (those of you wanting to adulterate a perfectly sublime dish with beans will kindly do so behind our backs, please) and tamales. A salad? Again, this is your last chance to make a request. OH. We're going to need cornbread! Supergurl? Can you help?

Sunday breakfast, grab and go, toast, fruit, coffee, tea?

'Pup and I are driving over this evening and will be staying in Stonewall, a little town just east of Fredricksburg. Supergurl, let me know what I need to get, if anything. We'll be in the area all day Friday.

This is going to be fun, y'all. If things work out right, I'll be meeting a friend from high school, whom I've not seen since 1977, on Sunday after the blog meet.

This is going to be a long day. Y'all drivin and flyin', be careful and get there safe.

See y'all tomorrow!

6 comments:

H2o said...

I can pick up stuff to make cornbread if you like and bring it up there and make it. Let me know. Also if I get there early enough I'll make the gravey for you. I make it all the time.

SuperGurl said...

Yes, h20 you are on cornbread duty. bring what you need including pans, not sure we will have enough of the right pans. i have two muffin pans if you want to do it that way. let me know.

Erica said...

omg, i will gain 50 pounds this weekend...me and my groodies cannot freaking WAIT to see all of youse. omg. omg. omg.

H2o said...

Done deal...

Nancy said...

h2o,

Becky, if you'd do the gravy, I'll bring the ingredients (just got back from the store with the turkey sausage...wasn't sure how available, and didn't want to take chances.

H2o said...

I plan on leaving early Saturday morning and I hope to be able to help you. If not, call me on my cell and I'll talk you through it. Erica will have her gravy