Monday, June 23, 2008

Okay... Vittles Menu Updated

Friday: Supergurl is arranging a barbecue brisket and fixin's

Saturday morning. Erica, for you I'm willing to try to make my mom's recipe for sausage gravy (turkey sausage), if you'll forgive me for using canned biscuits. (anyone wanna volunteer scratch?) Everyone else, I think, if you want to cook it, give us a list of what you want to make, or if, like Denny, you only want some fruit and coffee (my usual too, Den, only with tea), tell us what kind of fruit. Coffee will be a given. I'm bringing a selections of teas (stuff I already have) and some fresh mint.

Saturday Lunch: Brats and fixin's, with kabobs of beef, chicken and veggies. An idea: if we all help prep, we could make our own kabobs to order. Fresh fruit for dessert.

Saturday evening: Wallrilla and Running Behind are making (BEANLESS, of course) Chili. I'm bringing some tamales, and may have to up my order for more, as I'd ordered before I knew how many people we'd be feeding. Hopefully, we'll also have left overs from Lunch. Fresh fruit for dessert, and/or Some'mores.

Sunday morning, I suggest a grab and go, as some of us will have had a late night and may or may not be up to having more than coffee...

I made the comment on the drinks post that I could already see that most of the calories consumed with be liquid in intake....

Hic' Yaaaaahhoooooo!! Only 3 more days to go!

11 comments:

kerrcarto said...

What not answering your phone? You want some homemade BBQ sauce to go with that cow?

CharlieDelta said...

This lurker comes from the Left Coast bringing dinero and whatever it takes to help out in any way that he can. Deal!

SuperGurl said...

yeah, busy week. heck yes, kerrcarto, make that sauce.

SuperGurl said...

seems like too much food to me...really need some input before i go buy stuff on thurs night.

don't ya'll think we should skip the heavy lunch on sat and have sandwiches and leftovers? i know i can't take that many big meals in the sun, i'll barf...

please elaborate folks, asap...

Anonymous said...

I don't think we'll finish that brisket. Every brisket bash I've ever been to, there's always leftovers sent home with folks. We should skip the big lunch.

Nancy said...

The lunch does seem heavy. I did have an idea about breakfast..kolaches?

CharlieDelta said...

I'm down with leftovers...

kerrcarto said...

You got it chica. I will whip up some BBQ sause that will knock y'alls socks off.

Walrilla said...

I'm down with skipping the big lunch, especially with Chili in the evening.

Walrilla said...

Oh, and what's the headcount look like now?

SuperGurl said...

sohos & count have cancelled, no word back on trooper gal & hubs or knine,

so right now, we are at 21!