Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tales from the Pacific Northwest

So I'm working yesterday trying to finish a major project before I fly down to Texas on Wednesday. My friend Bridget calls me up. "Sup! It's a beautiful day. Let's drive down to Tacoma and walk Commencement Bay and drink long island iced teas at Harbour Lights." "Why Harbour Lights?" "I hear they don't put training wheels on their teas." "Gee. Why don't ya just twist my arm woman?"

We're walking the kick-ass Schuster Parkway along the bay. Absolutely gorgeous people! Mt. Rainier in all its glory to the east and the Olympic Mountains clear to the west. Cargo ships tugging through the bay, military jets training overhead, people roller blading, jogging, walking their dogs. I saw so many gorgeous women I almost passed out. We folks up here have patiently waited for this after a very wet winter and spring.

We end up walking all the way to Ruston. "Bridget? How far have we walked?" "3 miles." "WTF? That means we have to walk 3 miles back!" "Oh. You're a smart one. I'm doing the 20-mile suicide prevention walk in Seattle tomorrow night." I gotta suicide solution right here...



...RIP Randy Rhodes...

We end up at Harbour Lights and had lunch and drinks outside. The long island iced teas were kick ass!!!! I've never been so buzzed after two cocktails in my life. So she has to leave and drops me off at Enterprise. I have to work in Yakima tomorrow and I always rent instead of wearing down my own vehicles when I travel. I walk in with my rebellious half-buzzed self. "What will it be this time, Paul?" "I'm feeling a little wild today. You got one of those brand new Chargers?" "It's been waiting for ya!" Yeah baby!! You should see this beautiful machine sittin' in my driveway right now. Tomorrow is gonna be fun road trippin'.

My best buddy Robert down in New Braunfels called me up last night all excited about us hanging out together this week. His family welcomed their 3rd baby girl two weeks ago and I am so stoked to see them this Wednesday. On Thursday we're all headed to Schliterbaun, the most bad-ass waterpark in the entire universe!! Robert's coming to the blogmeet, too. We're gonna drink you mofos under the table so bad you'll be begging for mercy. We know how to party. We're both Texans. And we're gonna have a good time with all you guys. Peace!

5 comments:

CharlieDelta said...

Fuck yeah Paul! One of Ozzy's best...

kerrcarto said...

"We're gonna drink you mofos under the table so bad you'll be begging for mercy. We know how to party. We're both Texans"

The Gauntlet has been thrown.

It's on.

I hope you have been polishing up on your Shiner drinking.

CharlieDelta said...

Shit, I'm probably screwed then. Never had a Shiner. I'm a Bud man myself...

SuperGurl said...

hurl, did he say bud man?

i love schlitterbahn, have fun, paul.

Nicole Short said...

Awesome blog you have heere