Friday, May 30, 2008

Interactive Menu

Same deal (I'm out of ideas already.) You are going to be hungry. Not ever cohabitating with any of you folks, I have no idea. Do you eat eggs, or do you have a cigarette and diet coke for breakfast? I know not.

Right now, we are thinking hamburgers on the grill when you get in Friday evening? From there, it's open. Is there a dish you like to make that's good and easy for crowds? I make a pretty awesome breakfast quiche. So let me know. Also, out of towners specifically~Is there any specific Texan cuisine you are hoping to have? Tex Mex & BBQ are obvious possibilities to me.

Obviously, you are free to bring whatever you like. Again, it's a space and time limitation thing. I merely want to have the place pretty much good to go. So in the comments as soon as possible, food you must have onsite. Thanks much!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I suggest bratwursts on the grill and onions in the skillet (sauerkraut, too) and big hot dog buns. Also, kbobs with chicken, shrimp, peppers, onion, tomato, etc. I can make those on Friday or we could do those Saturday. Tossed salad or caesar is good for the party.

As far as a Texas cuisine goes, I'm really missing Texas chili. So if someone has a homemade recipe that they wouldn't mind making for me, I'll be your lapdog for life (now I am a beanless chili-man and with plenty of heat). Those are my ideas right now. More to come later.

Go Dallas Stars!

Walrilla said...

Paul's idea sounds good. Running Behind and I can make the Chili.
There Will Be No Beans In The Chili.

Anyone is free to bring a can of beans, and add them to your bowl, but please insure you are out of my sight before you do.

B-)>

Nancy said...

An idea for breakfasts: tacos. We (that includes me..) could make some scrambled eggs, fry up some sausage and bacon, and potatoes and people could construct their own.

Humm we'd need salsa, peppers and any other ideas out there??

OH, and I'll be bringing some tamales to go with the chili. Maybe Saturday night dinner?

Walrilla said...

Quite possibly, I could make a cobbler like no one has ever had before. I just need a 9x13 baking dish and 1 cup vinegar and 2 cups sugar.

No, Really! I swear it's good!

Walrilla

That 1 Guy said...

I can chow on most anything, but some BBQ'd brisket would be a kicker...